Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

Coz her heart is the foundation of your healthy home!

I was in my MBA 1st year. My father used to call me every night, even if there is nothing important to talk about. I was having my midterms exam and one night, I did not receive any call from him. I thought he might have skipped due to my exams. He would call next day.

Whole day went by but I did not receive his call the next day as well. I was too busy with my preps that I thought he would call. When even by 10 p.m that day I did not get his call, I called him. My mom picked up. She was not her usual self. After much investigation, I found out my father got a major heart attack. His cholesterol level was too high and there were other complications too. He was transferred to the one of the best hospital in Gurgaon where his open heart surgery took place.

Those 21 days were the worst days of my life. I still could not forget his pain. Later on, my mother reports too started showing high level of cholesterol. Due to all this oily food, there was a lot of increment in her weight and thus, increasing the level of cholesterol.

My dad after his heart attack took it really serious and stopped consuming any oily food. Even his normal food was now cooked in #Saffola. He started his morning walk and exercise giving it a total of 60 mins from his day. Remembering his pain and the increased level of cholesterol in mom’s report, he took the responsibility to take precaution rather than cure. My mother is little lazy when it comes to any form of workout. Even walk. My dad took the pledge to #ProtectHerHeart and did all he could.

He made it a point to wake mom up. He would not leave until unless mom is up from the bed. By the time mom put her shoes on, he take jug of water and they both gulp them down. And then they hit the road. Dad, since was walking from quite sometime now, has developed the stamina. Nevertheless, he would stop whenever he feels mom is tired, take a halt and then start walking again. He started from 20 mins ..exceeding 2 mins every week. Now both mom and dad walk min of 30 mins daily..sometimes exceeding 60 mins. His dedication and mom’s commitment did tremendous task and now both of their cholesterol level is in control. Plus they are fit (more than me)

This junk food and almost every day eating out is takin a toll on me too. My weight has increased quite in last few month, and he also has put on weight. Looking at my Mom-Dad combo, we both too have decided to walk-run-walk every morning. Since he live quite far from my place, we have decided to call each other (whoever wakes up early) in morning for motivation (Me being a non-morning person). And then we would walk-run-walk for 30 mins. Plus we will also talk a 15 mins walk after dinner every day. I hope this will protect both of our hearts! Coz good health is the ultimate asset.

“I am joining the Saffolalife #ProtectHerHeart initiative and pledging my support to better heart health in Association with BlogAdda

No comments: